Thursday, March 14, 2013

Everyday Hero

 "Everyday Hero" (16x12)

When I was in the first grade, the school janitors name was Joe.  I liked Joe, everyone did -- he was the friendly guy who always had a smile and even knew your name if you took time to talk to him (which he always enjoyed no matter how busy he was)
 
I never knew his last name or even thought much about him outside of school (he was such a fixture, I probably thought he lived there) but somehow his presence made an impact on my young world and I'm glad he was there on the job, every day...




I gave this painting the title "Everyday Hero" because of the often overlooked nobility inherent in those vocations that seem less than noble...AND the fact that hard working people like this can make a positive and profound impression on young minds, even though they only appear to function in the background where we pay little attention... 

This piece will be in an upcoming solo exhibition opening at Bonner David Galleries in Scottsdale, Arizona on April 25th. 







1 comment:

  1. Lovely story and painting, Eric. Thanks for sharing and brightening this dreary day.

    ReplyDelete