Saturday, June 13, 2015

Ready for My Close-Up, Mr. DeMille...

Country Barn (9x12) o/l

Just finished participating in the "Where in the World Is" live, online plein air event! For 3 days each artist painted one painting a day and video recorded their work, posting the videos on the WITWI web site -- you can view the videos and paintings here:

Jubilee 53 Ford Tractor (8x10) o/l
It was rather distracting and a bit of a hassle to video record myself (especially when I just bought a smartphone the week before specifically for this event)...no one told me the the phone is actually smarter than you are, and I still have yet to figure out how to use it correctly.

Under the Hydrangea (12x16) o/c SOLD
 At least the weather was nice each day, and I felt like I did some decent work, despite my awkward on-camera appearances... (Spielberg himself couldn't have made me look good). All-in-all it was a fun experience, and I hope it will be successful at the gallery... Oh, and did I mention the gallery hosting this event, the Illume Gallery has invited me on board as their newest artist? Not bad for a Hollywood has-been that never was!






No comments:

Post a Comment